Sunday, October 01, 2006

Saturday - Ede-Wageningen & funfair at night

My first journey with friends by dutch train - I didn't go anywhere when others did before - was to National Park de Hoge Veluwe in Ede - Wageningen (very difficult to pronounce).
It was really nice day - quite warm and without rain.


The journey started with small complications - due to the lack of coins and time, Mariona nd me didn't manage to buy tickets on time, so we missed the train and were forced to go half hour later, luckily with Antonia (she waited for us, that's why she's our friend :D) and American couple (Nicole's friends).

After we reached Ede - Wageningen, we had to run for the bus, which leaves 22 past every hour. We were lucky :)

In the Park we got white bikes for free (the picture below), which were very comfortable, though with back pedal breaks (last time I rode this kind of bike when I was maybe 10).



The Park itself was really nice, although not much different from countrysides that I have in my country. The main attraction was the Kroeller - Mueller Museum with lots of Van Gogh's masterpieces, some of Pablo Picasso and other probably well - known artists, which are unknown for me (due to my lack of knowledge in this field).



There is a huge garden next to the Museum, with lots of monuments, in the sun it was really impressive!

Unfortunately it was the day after dinner at my place, so I had no energy to stay for a long time, that's why after 2,5 hours Antonia and me came back to Lent, falling asleep in the bus and train :)

In the evening it turned out that there is a funfair in the City, just at the river, so we decided to join the group of Italians. We went there together and what's the most suprising we left together, what is unsual when there's is such a big group.

We had great fun, I tried with Mariona, Lidia and Italian girl, which name I don't know on Booster - the most scary attraction in this funfair! I was affraid when we were tens of meters over the ground, that it's only a machine and can not work anytime (I mean locks). It was crazy to see Nijmegen upside down and all the lights all over the city. Unforgetable Impressions!!!!!!

We were also in Gravitio (or maybe the name of it was Gravitation), spinning wheel, without seats inside, only some kind of materaces, because the speed was so high, that we were literally STICKED to the walls and could barely move. Some of guys shifted their positions into upside down - we were laughing all the time !!! :)

NExt weekend we're going there again :)


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can't make your photos bigger... why???

mmmm... If you don't want to share them only say it!!! :P
siii iuu In few minutes!!!!

Ona