Thursday, April 19, 2018

Click II pause. Take a breath.

15 thousand years ago when we were hunter-gatherers, we would spend our lives (quite long and well lived by the way) meeting no more than 100 people. We would use little words and communicate verbally and by drawings.

Today, we communicate through so many channels, using and processing so much information, that each day equals reading two "Hamlet" books. Isn't it insane? Just think about your poor brain muscle! It must have a meltdown each day at around 4 pm already, if not earlier.

Sms, email, phone call, whatsapp, messenger, push notifications, discounts, newsfeeds, alarms... all of these ON TOP of people talking and laughing on the bus, tram, subway, at work, at home, in the shop - forcing us to constantly think, listen and process. Stressuful days and evenings at work seem not to be helpful at all, either.

Enough is enough.

I want to hear my mind. I want to know what I want. I want to know, what is it, that I like. Who is it, that I love. Each day feels like a struggle and I become wekaer, almost as if my energy is taken away by everyone, ripped off of me, leaving me senseless, numb. Overwhelming numbness is what I'm feeling at the moment. As if I am everything others want me to be, but not who I want to be.

Therefore, I am setting myself on a journey.
Journey closer to the highest mountain on Earth and a journey to the inside of my soul.
Will I find peace? Will I find passion? Will I become stronger and more tranquil?

No comments: